Instructions for Presentations
On-site technical support will be provided to facilitate and coordinate the smooth delivery of all presentations (both oral and poster). It is important that you adhere to the following guidelines.
Official languages are English and Italian. Nevertheless, authors are strongly encouraged to arrange their slides and posters in English. Moreover, since the presence of foreign (non Italian) participants, English should be preferred for oral presentations and poster discussion.
- Keynote speakers and oral presenters have to submit their slides on a drive for presentation by approaching the Congress Room at the Meeting venue at least 20 minutes before the beginning of the corresponding session.
- Technical staff to help you upload the presentation and solve technical problems that may arise.
- Presentations should be created either in PowerPoint format (.ppt or .pps extension),or PDF file, 4:3 format.
- No overhead projector will be available.
- Presentation times:
Keynotes: allocated 30 minutes (including 5 minutes for discussion).
Regular presentations: 15 minutes (including 3 minutes for discussion).
Master-Thesis presentations: 10 minutes (including 2 minutes for discussion).
- Posters Exhibition Area is located on the First Floor in front of the coffee break location.
- Posters can be exhibited during the whole congress. We have arranged poster presentations in such a way that posters will have high visibility. As a matter of fact, apart of the dedicated poster session scheduled on 29 September, poster exhibition will be possible during all the congress duration, and especially during all social events (e.g., coffee breaks, lunches), allowing to promote effective discussion and dissemination. Accordingly posters may be placed starting from the meeting opening ceremony.
- Each poster board has been assigned a number (notified with the communication of the contribution acceptance). The poster must be placed on the corresponding board, which will display the assigned number on it.
- Size: maximum 70X100 cm with vertical orientation.
Extended abstracts (max 2 pages) have to be written following the MS Word Template. For the final submission, each contribution has to be converted into a pdf file (named as “First_Author_ESBITA2017.pdf”).
Each extended abstract has to be submitted by email to email@example.com, specifying the presenting author, as well as possible eligibility for ESB–ITA 2017 Awards (Best Oral Presentation or Best Poster Presentation).
Each accepted contribution will be inserted in the ESB-ITA 2017 programme only if at least the presenting author will register to the Conference. Single registration fee entitles to present at most one contribution.
Accepted contributions will be scheduled by Organizers within the Conference Programme as oral presentations or as poster presentations.
|Accepted extended abstracts submitted to the Thematic Symposium on Ocular Biomechanics will be collected in a special issue of the Journal for Modeling in Ophthalmology (Kugler Publications; eISSN: 2468-3930, ISSN: 2468-3922).|
|Selected contributors to the ESB-ITA 2017 (for both Thematic Symposium and General Session) will be invited to submit a full length paper (deadline submission: November 2017) to a special issue of the Journal of Biomechanical Engineering – ASME (eISSN: 1528-8951, ISSN: 0148-0731).|